Sabodet salad with regnie and forest mushrooms
Cook the Sabodet in ½ litre of Régnié with a bouquet garni for 1h 1/4.
Prepare the lettuce, season with vinaigrette made with a little hazelnut oil.
Wipe the mushrooms and sauté them in a little butter, at the end of cooking add a few drops of hazelnut oil, a finely chopped shallot, chopped parsley, salt and ground pepper.
Place the lettuce in the centre of the plate; put 3 slices of warm sabodet on top and sprinkle with the forest mushrooms. Pour a little sauce made with 1/4 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of Régnié, salt and ground pepper round the salad.
Régnié, Beaujolais Cru
Régnié is noted for its red currant, blackberry and raspberry aromas. It is discrete enough to respect the subtle flavours in this dish.
Serves 7 or 8
Preparation time: 1h 15
Cooking time: 1 h 15
- 1 800g sabodet(1)
- 1 bottle of Régnié (2 tablespoons per person)
- Hazelnut and olive oil (1/2 tablespoon per person)
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- 800g of forest mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Balsamic vinegar (1/2 tablespoon per person)
(1) Sabodet: a local speciality - large cooking sausage made with whole minced pig head.