Bresse chicken with morel mushroomsMedium
- Côte de Brouilly
- 30g dried morels
- 13g butter
- ½ shallot, chopped
- 1 Bresse chicken (1.8kg cut in 3-4 pieces)
- 10cl Beaujolais white wine
- 25cl chicken stock
- 25 cl crème fraîche
- 15g butter
- Salt and ground pepper
- Step 1The day before, rehydrate the morels by soaking them in warm water. Remove them and strain the soaking liquid to make a flavourful juice.
- Step 2Gently sweat the morels in butter. Set aside.
- Step 3Salt and pepper the pieces of chicken. Brown them lightly in a little butter with the chopped shallot. Deglaze with the Beaujolais white wine, chicken stock and crème fraiche. Cook for 30 mins over low heat (add more stock if the mixture thickens too fast and the meat isn't cooked enough).
- Step 4When the chicken is cooked, strain the pieces, then lay them out in a deep serving dish and keep warm.
- Step 5Reduce the cooking juices, until the sauce is slightly thick. Bind the sauce with the butter, then emulsify with a hand blender to get a smooth consistency. Add the morel reduction and whole morels.
- Step 6Baste the meat with the sauce. Serve with fresh pasta and a drizzle of truffle oil.