Cod Burger with courgettes and herb aioliEasy
- Beaujolais Villages
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 10cl olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp mint, chopped
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion
- 1 courgette
- 20g butter
- 400g cod loin
- 4 burger buns
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1Start by making the aioli: peel the garlic clove, cut it in half and crush it in a garlic press. Add the egg yolk. Drizzle in the oil, whisking until the mixture is very stiff. Stir in the lemon juice and fresh herbs. Set aside.
- Step 2Wash and spin the baby spinach leaves dry. Slice the red onion. Rinse the courgettes and use a vegetable peeler to cut lengthwise into long thin slices (like tagliatelle pasta). Blanch the courgette slices for 1 min in boiling salted water. Drain, then let cool immediately.
- Step 3Cut the cod loin into 4 portions. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Heat butter in a frying pan and sear the cod loins for 2 mins on each side, basting them with the foamy butter.
- Step 5Toast the burger buns. Spread the inside of the buns with aioli.
- Step 6Assemble your burgers starting with the baby spinach leaves, topped with a portion of cod, courgette slices and red onion. Put the top bun on and enjoy without further ado.