Bundt cake with cherry icingEasy
- 70g dark chocolate
- 40g butter
- 1 egg
- 75g + 10g sugar
- 6cl milk
- 90g flour
- ¼ sachet baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Half a dozen pitted cherries
- 20g white chocolate
- 1 tbsp cherry juice
- 1 drop red food colouring
- 1 handful cherries
- A few chocolate shavings
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Step 2Melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie (one saucepan fitted on top of another containing barely simmering water).
- Step 3In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks with 75g sugar until mixture whitens.
- Step 4Stir in milk, flour, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa and vanilla extract, then add the melted chocolate and butter.
- Step 5Whisk the egg whites until stiff, adding 10g sugar at the end to tighten them. Using a spatula, stir them into the mixture gently.
- Step 6Halve the cherries, flour lightly and add to the batter.
- Step 7Pour the batter into buttered Bundt cake tin and bake for 40-45mins.
- Step 8Let the cake cool down for about 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to remove from tin gently. Allow to cool completely.
- Step 9Make the icing by putting all the ingredients into a small saucepan and warming on low heat, stirring until icing is smooth.
- Step 10Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake immediately. Decorate with cherries and chocolate shavings. Store in a cool place until ready to serve.