- 2.5cl milk
- 5g baker's yeast
- 45g butter, cold
- 125g flour
- 15g + 25g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- A little double cream
- 75g raspberries
- Step 1Warm the milk and add the crumbled yeast. Cut the butter in little cubes and set aside in the fridge so it stays nice and cold.
- Step 2In a mixer bowl, tip in the flour, the milk and yeast mixture, 15g sugar, the pinch of salt and the egg.
- Step 3Knead until the dough forms a ball that doesn’t stick to the bowl, then add the cold butter gradually while continuing to knead until the dough is slightly bouncy.
- Step 4Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave somewhere warm to rise for about 1hr, to double in size.
- Step 5When the dough has puffed up nicely, knock the air out of it, then roll it out so that it is about 5mm thick, and cut out rounds with a pastry cutter (or keep it whole for a bigger tart to share).
- Step 6Arrange the tartlets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and leave to rise for about 30 mins.
- Step 7Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Step 8Press on the dough with your finger to make bumps. Spread a teaspoonful of double cream on each tartlet, top with the raspberries and sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar.
- Step 9Bake for 5 mins then turn temperature down to 150°C and bake for another 10 mins. Serve warm.