- About 10 baby onions
- 50g brown sugar
- ½ tbsp cider vinegar
- 1cl water
- 10g butter
- 25g watercress
- 40g pine nuts
- 40g parmesan, grated
- 10cl olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- 2 baby cucumbers
- 30g Jura cheese
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- Step 1Begin by making the onion compote. Peel and mince the onions. Cook them for about 40 mins on low heat in a small saucepan with the cider vinegar, butter, brown sugar and water. Set aside.
- Step 2Then make the pesto by blending the pine nuts, parmesan, watercress and oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Step 4Rinse the baby cucumbers under running water and slice thinly using a vegetable peeler. Cut Jura cheese into thin slices.
- Step 5Rinse the Portobello mushrooms under running water and cut off stems. Brown them in a buttered frying pan, flipping them over halfway through, regularly basting with butter. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Step 6Cut buns in half and brown 2-3 mins in hot frying pan. Spread bottom bun generously with layer of pesto, two slices of Portobello mushrooms, a few slices of Jura cheese and a tablespoon of the onion compote.
- Step 7Cover with top bun and bake in oven for about 10 mins to melt cheese.
- Step 8Add a few baby spinach leaves and a few slices of baby cucumber. Serve immediately.