Roasted chicken and crispy potatoes with gremolataEasy
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 organic lemons, zested
- 1kg potatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large free-range chicken (approx. 2kg)
- 40g butter
- Salt and ground pepper
- Step 1Preheat oven to 210°C
- Step 2Start by making the gremolata. Finely chop the parsley. Peel the garlic cloves and crush in garlic press. Combine the lemon zests, chopped parsley and garlic.
- Step 3Rinse the potatoes. Without peeling them, cut into quarters.
- Step 4Place the potatoes and the gremolata in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil. Salt, pepper and mix well. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Step 5Season the chicken with salt and pepper, inside and out. Butter it.
- Step 6Place the chicken on top of the potatoes. Add a glass of water and bake in oven for about 20 mins. Then lower oven temperature to 180°C and continue cooking for approx. 40 mins, basting the chicken regularly with the cooking juices.
- Step 7Once cooking is complete, cover the chicken with foil and let sit for about 15 mins before slicing.