Pulled pork tacos with yogurt sauceEasy
- 1 roast of pork shoulder (750g)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 50g tomato concentrate
- 3cl cider vinegar
- 6cl chicken stock
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 15 corn tacos
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 plain yogurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Step 2Brown the pork roast on all sides in an ovenproof casserole pot. Season with salt and pepper, add the onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Step 3In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients together, then pour the mixture over the pork shoulder. Cover and bake for 5 hrs, turning the pork over halfway through, and basting it with sauce regularly.
- Step 4Remove the meat from the oven and pull it apart with a fork to shred. Put the rest of the marinade in a sauceboat. Allow to cool completely.
- Step 5Heat the tacos in a frying pan to warm them up slightly.
- Step 6Fill each taco with a little pulled pork and the different veggies. Garnish with jalapeno pepper and chopped scallion.